Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Catfish at Night

Went out to Lacamas Lake Friday December 28 after work. Did not get out until about 45 minutes after dark. There I sat with my lawn chair and my gas lantern, listening to the unseen water lap up on the rocks. It was nice.
I tried a gang hook with a nice fat crawler Texas rigged with no results for a half hour or so and switched to beef liver. No luck there either. Maybe I am in the wrong spot, maybe I am using the wrong bait? I may never know...how would I know? Who would tell me?

I guess I will go to Klineline Pond and catch trout. It is a small pond and they stock it with pretty good size trout...even a blind squirrel finds a nut in a place like that.

I want so bad to be a good fisherman, but there is no one to mentor me...no one to teach me.

No comments: